Enter your rental property address below to get your free rental analysis.
SAN ANTONIO PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
WE CAN HELP MANAGE YOUR SAN ANTONIO RENTAL PROPERTY
HomeRiver Group San Antonio, formerly Boardwalk RPM is dedicated to providing the highest quality professional management services, which are tailored to the individual owner. Our goal is to assist owners in obtaining maximum financial benefit from the controlled leasing of properties. Each customer and each property is given the individual attention and care which has established our company as a long time leader in the business. The following sections outline the benefits and services of a full service, professional property management company.
The Benefits of Using Boardwalk Real Property Management
- Your property is presented throughout the rental marketplace.
- As members of the local board of REALTORS and Multiple Listing Service, we share our vacancy listings with other members.
- We are always aware of current market conditions; thus allowing us to rent your property at its highest value.
- Our computer system enables us to maintain an exhaustive list all the features that make your property desirable and special.
- We use a broad range of advertising methods including signs, flyers, newspaper classifieds, e-mail, and select internet web sites.
Our normal management fee is 10% of the rent collected with a minimum of $90/month. A reduction to our management fee applies when the property rents for over $1500 per month, in which case the management fee is reduced to 9%. If the property rents for over $1800, the management fee is reduced to 8%. If an owner owns 4 or more properties then the management fee is 8% for all of their properties, with the minimum of $90/property. No management fee is collected while the property is vacant. When property becomes vacant, we charge ½ of the first months new rent as a leasing fee and pay the entire amount to the broker of the realtor or apartment locator who brings us the tenant that leases your property. We find that this is an excellent incentive in renting our properties. Prior to the end of a lease, you will receive a notice from us that the lease is about to expire. We will ask if you want to continue the lease with the tenant and suggest a rental amount. If the tenant wants to renew we create a new lease and charge you $50. We also charge our owners a fee of $6/month for our eviction protection program. If for some reason the tenant fails to pay their rent and we need to file for eviction, we pay filing fees, court costs and attorney’s fees. Once per year we will schedule an appointment to have a property condition report done by an independent company that specializes in them. They do a 25+ page report with photos that cost $85 and we send this to you. Because of this, we charge a $85.00 annual survey fee.
We do not charge any percentage for repairs. We use independent contractors that give us both good service and a good price. We pay those contractors every week. If a repair needs to be done, we take care of it immediately and deduct it from the following months’ rent. If the repair is going to be more than $300, we will contact you first. If it is an emergency and we cannot locate you, we will do the repair.
- We want reliable and qualified tenants just as much as you do and we pride ourselves on the quality of tenants we are able to attract. Our extensive tenant screening and lease procedures help to ensure this.
- We do a thorough credit check before the lease is signed. This includes checking history with the credit bureau, verifying employment and checking all appropriate references, including past landlords.
- We provide you with protection through the use of proper lease agreements, deposit forms, late notices, and other legal documents.
- We provide quality reasonably priced maintenance contractors who get the job done properly.
- We deal with this daily so we know what repairs should cost and how long they will take to complete.
- Maintenance work is closely controlled and supervised. Because of the large volume of work we give local contractors, we have the necessary recourse to correct poor performance.
- We protect the value of your investment by maintaining your property at current neighborhood standards.
- We do all the bookkeeping chores for you. Our computer system keeps complete, accurate records of every income and expense that affects your property.
- Our convenient monthly statements simplify the job of tax preparation for you and your accountant.
- Statements are emailed and copies of all repair receipts are uploaded to the owner portal to view at anytime.
- Rent is due on the first of each month, with late notices sent at the appropriate intervals, and removal proceedings are initiated if the tenant does not make immediate payment arrangements. Delinquent rents are subject to late penalties.
INQUIRE ABOUT OUR SERVICES
- Our monthly management fee is payable when the rent payment is received. It is automatically deducted from your account at the time the rent payment is posted. However, since one of our jobs is keeping your property occupied, there will be no management fee as long as your property remains vacant.
- Vacancies are expensive for both of us so we make every effort to keep vacancies to a minimum.
- If a tenant chooses to vacate, the property must pass a thorough check-out survey before the tenant is released from the Lease Agreement and the security deposit is returned. This minimizes the preparation and turn-around time before your property is re-leased. The survey will not be made until the tenant has removed all furnishings and other personal belongings, and the tenant is not allowed to re-enter the property once the survey is complete.
- We are obligated to afford the maximum protection to your property. Annual internal surveys, as authorized by the owners management agreement, are made by our property management representatives. Where inconsistencies are noted, tenants are notified of necessary corrective action and the owner is advised.
- Thorough, complete documentation is an important part of good property management. It prevents confusion, misunderstandings, and gives everyone involved a clear understanding of what is expected. Written documentation is used to screen and lease, survey and maintain property condition, and report financial information to you.
- The Property Management contract defines our working relationship with property owners and is specific regarding obligations and responsibilities of both parties.
- Each tenant is required to complete a detailed Rental Application as a basis for general screening and rental reference checking.
- A Lease Agreement is required between our office and tenants which outlines tenant responsibilities in accordance with company and owner requirements.
- Property is thoroughly surveyed at the time of rental, with tenants and management attesting to physical condition, appearance, etc., and a Property Condition report is filed.
- In the event of non-payment or other specific violations of the Lease Agreement, tenants are sent an official "Notice to Vacate or take immediate corrective action."
- Management renders a Statement of Account to property owners each month which summarizes accounting transactions and accompanies payment checks.
"They are knowledgeable professionals who looks out for our best interests. They find the right
tenant and are available at all times and answers questions promptly. I recommend to anyone who
is looking for property management."
- Client Testimonial
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I did not have a pet when I moved in; may I have a pet now?A: First, email your Property Manager of your request for a pet. Do not move a pet into the property without permission. Boardwalk Real Property Management will contact the owner and submit your request. If the owner does allow the pet, an increased security deposit and fee will be required and a pet addendum must be signed.
SAN ANTONIO AREA INFORMATION
The River Walk meanders through the Downtown area. It was one of the first restoration of an urban river. Lined with numerous shops, bars,
and restaurants, as well as the Arneson River Theater, this attraction is transformed into an impressive festival of lights during the
Christmas and New Year holiday period, and is suffused with the local sounds of folklorico and flamenco music during the summer,
particularly during celebrations such as the Fiesta Noche del Rio. Also based along the River Walk is the newly restored Aztec On The River,
the only surviving exotic-themed movie palace in Texas.
The Alamo, located in Downtown, is Texas' top tourist attraction. Because of the mission, San Antonio is often called the "Alamo City." The River Walk is the second most visited attraction. SeaWorld is the number 3 attraction and there is also the very popular Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Morgan's Wonderland is a theme park for special needs children.
The Downtown Area also features Cathedral of San Fernando, The Majestic Theatre, HemisFair Park, La Villita, El Mercado, the Spanish Governor's Palace, and the historic Menger Hotel. On the northern side of the Alamo complex, beside the Emily Morgan Hotel, is the San Antonio Cavalry Museum, which features cavalry artifacts and exhibits and is frequented by local re-enactors.
The Fairmount Hotel, built in 1906 and San Antonio's second oldest hotel, is in the Guinness World Records as one of the heaviest buildings ever moved intact. It was placed in its new location, three blocks south of the Alamo, over four days in 1985, and cost $650,000 to move.